Smart Solutions for Estates
We are licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales to provide probate services.
Our probate services can cover:
- Dealing with the reporting of the estate to HMRC for Inheritance Tax Purposes
- Submission of the probate application to the Probate Registry
- Assistance with the transfer of assets from the deceased’s estate to the beneficiaries and closure of the deceased’s accounts
- Distribution of the estate and preparation of estate accounts
- Dealing with the deceased’s tax affairs and that of the estate as well as any associated trust
- Tax advice regarding the mitigation of Income, Inheritance and Capital Gains Taxes
- Other related estate and trust services
Our fees are submitted upon conclusion of discrete tasks and a fee estimate is provided before embarking on the assignment and based on the following hourly charges:
|TAX COMPLIANCE £ plus VAT
|TAX ADVISORY £ plus VAT
Whilst every effort is made to deal with probate matters on a timely basis and to adhere to statutory reporting deadlines as well as those agreed with the Executors and Principal Representation of an Estate, sadly some disagreements may arise and accordingly our complaints procedure is noted below.
We are committed to providing you with a high quality service that is both efficient and effective. However, should there be any cause for complaint in relation to any aspect of our service please contact Andrew McKenzie-Smart. Where your complaint relates to that person, you should instead please contact Jan Lewis, our practice manager, [email@example.com]. We agree to look into any complaint carefully and promptly and do everything reasonable to put it right. If you are still not satisfied you can refer your complaint to our professional body, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales .
- We are regulated by the ICAEW for Probate purposes
- Details of compensation arrangements and how to claim under the ICAEW Probate Compensation Scheme are at www.icaew.com/regulations/probate-services/information-for-consumers/probate-compensation-scheme
- Smart Solutions has PII in accordance with ICAEW guidelines
Diversity & Monitoring
As part of our probate licence we are required to undertake an annual survey of our staff and subcontractors regarding their diversity. The survey is self assessed regarding their age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, socio-economic background and disability.
Further details regarding the diversity and monitoring is linked here.